As of this time, President Duterte has already signed and approved the new 100 days paid maternity leave for working mothers. This is good news for all Pinoy families and a huge step in the right direction.
Getting in to details, here’s all you need to know about this new maternity law:
Who is covered by the 105 Days Paid Maternity Leave?
- All married and unmarried women
- All working or employed women in the government, private sector, and informal sector
- Every instance of pregnancy such as natural delivery, caesarian section, and even any miscarriage or emergency termination of pregnancy
To make it more clear, this law covers all women with an employer. Not only those who work in offices, but also those who are household helpers, sellers at wet markets or sari sari store, beauty parlor employees, etc.
What are the benefits of the 105 Days Paid Maternity Leave?
- Mothers are now given 105 days of paid maternity leave credits
- 14 days paternity leave for fathers
- Single mothers can avail an additional 15 days of leave amounting to a total of 120 days maternity leave with pay
- Mothers also have the option to extend their leave for another 30 days but this time without pay
- This law is now applicable to all pregnancies compared to the last law with a 4 pregnancy limit
- Security of tenure is assured for those who avail of this benefit and cannot be used as grounds for demotion or termination
How to Avail the 105 Days Paid Maternity Leave?
- To avail the extended maternity leave you must be a female member of the Social Security System or SSS
- Paid at least three monthly contributions in the 12-month period immediately preceding the semester of her childbirth or miscarriage